Last updated: 5 July 2012
AAPT Limited (trading as connect.com.au) and its related bodies corporate (“connect.com.au” or “we” or “us”) are committed to the privacy of its customer’s records and for your information we have documented our information handling practices below.
1. The kinds of personal information held by connect.com.au
The personal information we hold about you will depend on the services you request from us and the use that you make of those services. However, the information may include:
- information you provide to us through use of our website or your account, including your name, address, company name, position and contact details;
- your computer’s IP address;
- information obtained as a result of credit checks which you authorise us to carry out;
- records of communications between you and us relating to services provided by us to you; and
- billing information.
Credit card information you provide to us is sent directly to our financial institution to process payments for the services we supply to you. We do not hold your credit card information.
2. How connect.com.au collects personal information
We collect personal information directly from you when you supply it to us in connection with a request for services. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies;
- other entities who provide services to us which are related to the provision of services provided to you; and
- government agencies which administer laws regulating our business, or complaint resolution processes established under those laws.
3. What are the consequences of not providing personal information
In some cases, we may not be able to provide you with services if you refuse to provide us with the personal information we need to perform the services.
4. Use of your personal information
connect.com.au respects your privacy. As a result, we do not trade, rent or sell your personal information. The primary purpose for which we use your personal information is to provide you with a service.
In the course of providing a service to you, we may also use your personal information for related purposes, which include:
- billing purposes and credit management of your account;
- maintaining your account;
- network routing and traffic analysis;
- providing customer support;
- streamlining and personalising your experience when interacting with us;
- conducting market and product analysis and sending you product or services information; and
- administering contractual agreements or arrangements necessary to provide services to you.
We may also use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing material from us by changing the account settings in your account panel.
5. Contracting out services and disclosures
We may disclose your personal information to our contractors, our agents, government authorities and any other party who may assist us in providing services to you, or in promoting or marketing our services to you, or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business (or any part of it).
We may disclose your personal information to organisations located outside Australia in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may also disclose your personal information if required to by law.
Cookies are small text files that our web server may ask your web browser to store on your machine.
7. IP Addresses
We use IP addresses to identify trends, administer the connect.com.au website, track user movement, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The IP addresses collected are not linked to personally identifiable information unless a user specifically provides us with that information during a session, such as by completing an inquiry form.
8. Access to personal information
If you believe that we hold personal information about you that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date then you may request at any time for that information to be changed, updated or corrected.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, you can do so by making a request to us. You can contact us at email@example.com. We will handle requests for access to personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
9. Security of your personal information
We take physical and electronic measures to secure your information. We store your personal information in password-protected servers that are in a restricted and monitored area. Access to this information is limited.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for any purpose.
We may vary this Policy by posting the revised Policy on connect.com.au. Any change to this Policy will take effect upon posting on the website. By visiting the connect.com.au website after any change takes effect, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. This Policy was last updated on the date displayed at the beginning of this Policy. It is your responsibility to check the connect.com.au website regularly for updates.