Acceptable Use Policy
connect.com.au Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: 5 July 2012
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) sets out the rules which apply to your use of the web services offered by AAPT Limited (trading as connect.com.au) (“connect.com.au” or “we” or “us”) and forms part of the Service Agreement between us and you or the entity to you represent. Capitalised terms in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Service Agreement between you and us.
This Policy applies to all customers who acquire Services from connect.com.au. Your obligaton to comply with this Policy includes an obligation to ensure that your End Users who have access to your Services also comply with this Policy. If you breach this Policy, or authorise or allow others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your Service.
2. Responsible Usage
You are responsible for your actions on our network and systems you access through your Services. If you act recklessly or irresponsibly in using your Services or your actions endanger any person or the integrity or security of our network, systems or equipment, your access may be restricted, suspended or terminated, without prior notice. You agree that you will not use, attempt to use or allow your Service to be used to:
- store, send or distribute any content or material which is restricted, prohibited or otherwise unlawful under any applicable law, or which is likely to be offensive or obscene to a reasonable person;
- store, send or distribute confidential information, copyright material or other content which is subject to third party intellectual property rights, unless you have a lawful right to do so;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material which defames, harasses, threatens, abuses, menaces, offends, violates the privacy of, or incites violence or hatred against, any person or class of persons, or which could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- do any other act or thing which is illegal, fraudulent or otherwise prohibited under any applicable law or which is in breach of any code, standard or content requirement of any other competent authority;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material, which interferes with other users or restricts or hinders any person from accessing, using or enjoying the Services, our network or systems or a supplier’s network or systems;
- forge header information, email source address or other user or source of origin information;
- access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks, including another person’s private information, without authority or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network;
- compromise the security or integrity of any network or system including our network;
- access, download, store, send or distribute any viruses or other harmful programs or material;
- send or distribute unsolicited advertising, bulk electronic messages or spam or overload any network or system including our network and systems;
- use another person’s name, username or password or otherwise attempt to gain access to the account of any other customer;
- make network connections to any users, hosts or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to any network or system; or
- do anything to cause significant network congestion, disruption or otherwise adversely affect our network or a supplier’s network
- authorise, aid, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do or attempt to do any of the above acts.
3. Monitoring and enforcement
- monitor your use of the Services (but are not obliged to do so) or investigate any breach of this Policy;
- block access to, remove, amend or alter any content or resource that breaches this Policy or your agreement with us for use of the Services;
- report any activity that we suspect breaches any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information; and
- cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of unlawful conduct.
4. Reporting breaches of this Policy
If you become aware of any breach of this Policy, you must report the breach to us and provide us with any information or assistance we reasonably request.
5. Suspension or Termination
We may restrict, suspend or terminate your Services should you fail to comply with this Policy or you assist, abet, encourage or incite another person to breach this Policy.
We may vary this Policy by posting the revised Policy on connect.com.au. Any change to this Policy will take effect upon posting on the website. By continuing to use the Services after any change takes effect, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. This Policy was last updated on the date displayed at the beginning of this Policy. It is your responsibility to check the connect.com.au website regularly for updates.